In recent years, smoking has started to take a back seat as vape pens have come to the fore. It’s no wonder why – these devices aren’t just mostly odor-free and user-friendly, they’re also highly portable so you can take them anywhere you plan to go.
If you like the idea of being able to pop a vaping device into your pocket on your way out of the door, it could be time to make the investment in one of the top vape pens on the market. But how do you get started with using them? The good news is that it isn’t rocket science – so here are some expert tips.
1. Know How Vape Pens Work
The majority of vape pens on the market today have similar parts, although there’ll be some slight differences.
- The battery is the device’s power supply. Usually it’s the pen’s longest part.
- The atomizer. This is the part of the vape pen where you put your oil to heat it up into a vapor.
- The mouthpiece is the part of the pen that you inhale the vapor from.
- The charger comes separately from the vape pen. Usually, it’s a micro USB cable which can be connected to a wall charger or PC USB socket.
In essence, vape pens work by the battery providing its power to the atomizer which then warms the oil until vapor is produced. You then inhale it via the mouthpiece.
2. Getting The Right Accessories
There are some accessories which you’ll want to have to complement your vape pen. Vape pens may be portable but they can be broken if you drop them so you might want to invest in a carrying case to keep it safe. You might want to use an essential oil applicator to eliminate a lot of the mess involved in vaping oils.
3. Know Your Cartridges
Cartridges come in a range of sizes, styles and designs and you need to be sure you’re choosing the right one to suit your specific vape pen. While you can purchase pre-filled cartridges, it’s often better value for money to invest in refillable ones.
Not all refillable cartridges are created equal, so you’ll need to make sure that you’ve chosen one which is compatible with your vape pen, which is easy to refill, which won’t leak and which has a strong and sturdy construction made from quality materials.
4. How To Load The Vape Pen
It can be messy to load your vape pen with oils, so the easiest option is to use an essential oil applicator. This will eliminate a lot of the problems.
5. Inhaling From Your Vape Pen
Not all vape pens have the same design. Some are “auto draw” models which mean that they can be activated by just inhaling from the mouthpiece. These are ideal for beginner vapers since there are absolutely no controls to think about and it’s very like inhaling while smoking.
However, a better option is a vape pen which has a button which needs to be depressed for vapor to be produced. An activation button will usually give you more control over your vape, with adjustable click settings that change the heat level to suit your preferences. All you need to do is to remember to hold down the button while taking a hit and you’re good to go.
6. Storing And Charging Your Vape Pen
One of the disadvantages of a vape pen is that you need to keep it charged up and ready to go, otherwise you’ll have to wait for your device to charge up before being able to take a hit. Luckily, modern vape pens are usually very quick and easy to charge using a micro USB cable. You can usually charge your device in a multitude of ways including from a PC or laptop, from a wall socket or even in your car.
Some devices also allow pass through charging, so you can vape while your device is connected to the charger. This is a really convenient solution since there’s no need to wait – you have no downtime between vapes at all.
Alternatively, you may want to have a second battery which you can keep fully charged so that you can switch it out when your first battery runs flat. This is something you might want to consider if you’re a heavy vaper and will be away from any kind of charging outlet for extended periods.
Of course, carrying a second battery or charger around with could be a little more inconvenient, so it makes sense to have a carry case that you can put into a bag or into your car. This will allow you to keep all your accessories together in one place so they won’t get lost, and you’ll also have extra protection for your vape pen from accidental drops and falls which could result in breakage.
Why Use A Vape Pen?
If you’re wondering whether it’s worth your while transitioning to using a vape pen, there are a number of advantages to keep in mind.
- Vaping has a major advantage over smoking in that there is no ash, flame or combustion involved when you vape. This isn’t just cleaner and more convenient, it’s also much better for your health in the long run. You won’t be breathing unwanted substances and chemicals into your lungs which could cause illnesses and diseases in the future.
- Vaping produces a lot less odor than vaping. This is because there’s no smoke involved in the process and the vapor produced dissipates a lot more rapidly than smoke.
- If you want to be as discreet as possible, vaping is the way to go. Not only are vape pens very portable, they also emit a vapor which is considerably less conspicuous when compared to smoke.
- Vaping is also a lot more efficient than smoking – you’ll use a lot less oil than you would smoking material.
So, now you have all the information you need about vape pens. Have you decided to make the switch?