There are a plethora of products in the cannabis market, but very few share critical characteristics such as ease of use, portability, and functionality. One of the cannabis products that ticks off these attributes is the pre-loaded cannabis oil vape cartridges. Making their entrance into the cannabis concentrate market less than a decade ago, pre-filled cartridges have quickly become a favorite concentrate-based product for both beginners and expert cannabis users.
With a variety of pre-filled, disposable, and refillable vapes in the market designed to meet the needs of users, making the right choice can be quite difficult for most people. Although these pens all share similar looks, they all have several features and functionalities that make them different. Knowing the differences that exist between these portable vape combinations can help you make informed decisions on choosing the products best fit for your lifestyle.
Benefits of Pre-Filled Vape Cartridges
Many beginners to pre-filled oil vape cartridges are often unaware of the benefits of using them. If you’re new to these products, here are the key benefits you should know:
- Ease of use: One of the chief benefits of pre-filled “carts” is that you no longer have to be confused like you would with the other methods of using hash oil products like dab rig and nail set up. Other methods require that you know and master self-loading but pre-filled cartridges require little or no effort and knowledge. If there’s any action required of you with these products, it would be to press a button to take a draw. Additionally, many of the products don’t require charging, meaning you can use them without worrying about the battery life.
- Portability and durability: Pre-filled oil vape cartridges are designed to be portable so you can enjoy hash oil even if you have an active lifestyle. And if you have a professional image to uphold, these products make for a perfect choice because of the level of discretion they bring. With these products, you can vape cannabis oils without worrying about bringing the smell of cannabis to conversations or without smoke which is often banned in many places.
- Accurate dosing: While it’s not yet proven that using cannabis can lead to death or any other grave complications, cannabis enthusiasts and the medical community agree that there’s a possibility of overdosing. Overdosing can lead to overwhelming effects that may take hours to subside, and nobody wants such an experience. Unlike smoking or dabbing, you can control the dose of each inhalation when you use pre-filled oil vape carts, so you don’t consume too little or too much.
Types of Pre-filled Cartridges Available
Here is a list of the common types of pre-filled oil vape carts on the market so you can compare them and make informed choices.
- 510 Cartridge/Battery Combos: Most pre-filled oil cartridges come in tanks that are designed with a standard 510 thread suitable for any battery that contains the 510 threading similar our Pro-V 510 Battery and Slim 510 Battery. Cartridges that don’t follow this trend are usually the pre-loaded pod-style tanks that are custom designed to fit certain batteries.
- Disposables: However, you can also consider pre-loaded vape pens which are commonly referred to as “disposables.” They come with pre-charged batteries you can use until the tank is empty and typically require no charging, meaning they are to be disposed of after use. They contain no threading and are not meant to be separated from their battery.
- Heating Element: One of the concerns of cartridge manufactures is creating the perfect heating element that soaks up oils without issues like our CeraCore 510 Ceramic Cartridges. Oils can be too thick or too thin, but a quality cartridge should be able to function well so that it can vaporize the oils properly within the device.
- CO2 Oil: Cartridge vaporizers can work well with some high-grade CO2 oils because they are usually not too thick or too thin to vaporize. These oils usually have moderate levels of terpenes which help to thin the oils and also create the unique strain-specific flavors.
- Distillates: Distillates are oils that have been carefully produced to contain pure cannabinoids with no additives. The advantage of using them is that they can be refined from different starting materials. You can always refine any type of hash oil to get a distillate if you have the right hardware. On the flip side, since distillates contain only cannabinoids and no terpenes, you may be unable to use them in a cartridge until you can cut the viscosity.
- Additives: In the absence of terpenes, some manufacturers include additives as an alternative thinning agent. Examples of the additives are polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT), etc. These additives help to cut down viscosity so that the oil can work well in cartridges. However, many users now question the safety of products that contain these additives and the process for which they are used.
Terpene Infusions and Strain-Specific Flavorings
Over the years, a lot of people have discovered that terpenes are safer alternatives to other cutting agents. They can be used to reduce the viscosity of the hash oil, and increase flavors and aromatic and also help to alter the effects due to its ability to influence how Cannabinoids reacts in the body system. There are different ways of using terpenes with pre-filled vaporizer cartridge
- CO2-based Extraction: First, some manufacturers make use of CO2 based extractions which can retain plant-based terpenes at a percentage that is conducive to have the right viscosity when refined using ethanol. Also, natural cannabis-derived terpenes that have been fractioned through refinement can be added again to have oils in a small percentage, thereby creating a natural spectrum of flavors while giving the oil the right consistency that is needed to function effectively in a cartridge.
- Food grapes terpenes flavoring: Also, food grapes terpenes flavoring which is the most prevalent with the lowest quality of additives are also used in cartridges. Note that Terpenes are not only found in nature but also it can be synthesized in a lab. For Instance, d-limonene, which is most manufacturers use a popular terpenes additive found in some cannabis varietals as the sole flavoring additive for their pre-loaded cartridge. Although using this can cut the viscosity of the oil, it can also be one-dimensional and offer a little enhancing experience for the user.
Products Labeled by Effect: Most times, pre-filled vape cartridge are labeled by the effect they have on the user, these products tend to provide the relaxing and energetic effect, with most of them being labeled as hybrid, Sativa or indicia. When infused these terpene combinations are made to have effects similar to what you get in cannabis strains. Whether from infusion food grapes or naturally derived, terpenes are obtained from cannabis strains. However, products that have terpene combinations tend to give more enhanced experienced than those without it.
Cannabinoid-Specific Cartridges: There are so many CBD oil cartridges with a focus on Cannabinoid concentration, apart from the usual high THC products offers, some manufacturers offer products that contain an elevated level of cannabidiol (CBD). Although high-CDB pens may not contain additional flavoring, they do guarantee a ration of THC to CBS that might be between 2: 1 and 20:1. These types of pen offer higher medicinal value to people looking for CBD in an easy to consume a product.
Full-Spectrum Cartridges: Full spectrum cartridge are created to use the entire spectrum of bioavailable molecules found within a given cannabis strain, it does not add, or remove an active compound within the cannabis strain instead it offers a superior flower and effect to most competitors. Also, Pre-filled full spectrum cartridges are only provided by few manufactured in certain markets, because of the benefits they offer. In terms of flavors, the full spectrum cart offers an incredible flavor similar to what you would experience in strains.
Finally, there are many types of pre-filled cartridges available in the market. Be sure to do your research to choose the best combination for your lifestyle!