It’s always handy to have your vape ready, particularly your favorite vape pen. Whether you’re just vibing with your friends or de-stressing after work, nothing beats a good vape sesh and enjoying some mellow kush. But a smooth vape session also means maintaining your vape hardware properly.
If you can’t get to that ideal high like you did with your first vape, it’s most probably because you need to clean out your vape pen. Dirty chambers can ruin dry herb and wax by lessening or even canceling out the flavor. So, take a moment to read this guide to make sure you’re always on top of your vape game.
Choose Appropriate Cleaning Method for Your Vaporizer
Knowing what goes into your vape pen will give you a better idea of how you need to clean it. More specifically, the right way to clean out your vape pen depends on whether you use dry herbs or oils and concentrates. Make sure that you choose the appropriate cleaning method to thoroughly clean out your vape pen
Cleaning Method for Dry Herb Vapes
- For dry herb users, you first need to tap out the excess dry herb. Open the vape pen and lightly tap it against a surface, like a table or a countertop. This will get rid of loose dry herbs inside.
- Clean out the chamber with a cleaning brush. Make sure that you don’t knock or touch the delicate coil found at the bottom of your vape pen.
- Next, it’s time to disinfect your vape pen’s screen. Take your screen and drop it carefully in a small shot glass or container. Submerge the screen in some rubbing alcohol for five minutes and then let it dry.
- Put the dry screen and mouthpiece back in and vape away!
Cleaning Method for Oil/Concentrate Dab Pens
- Bring out a q-tip and dampen it with some rubbing alcohol.
- Use the wet q-tip to clean out the top half of the vape pen. You need to turn the top half upside-down while cleaning it out.
- Wet another q-tip with rubbing alcohol for cleaning out the chamber.
- Gently clean the outside threading using a circular motion with the second q-tip.
- Let the chamber of the vape pen dry out.
- Use another third q-tip with alcohol for the bottom half. Please remember to avoid the interior of the chamber during this process because that’s where the delicate coil is.
Maintaining Your Vape
Now that you know the appropriate cleaning method for your vape pen, you need to do what you can to maintain it. Take note of the following tips:
Never keep your vape pen exposed to heat. Intense exposure to heat can lead to a leaky vape pen. Look for a cool and dry place to safely secure it.
If not in use, keep your vape pen in its case. Keeping your vape pen exposed can damage it, especially when exposed to high heat. You can either use the case included with your pen or invest in one.
Keep your pen fully charged. A vape pen that is not duly charged may stop working any time, especially if it’s not charged for a long time. Make sure to keep your vape fully charged and ready for your next vape sesh.
Whether you are a new or experienced vaper, you must learn how to clean out and care for your vape pens. Keep the good vibes rolling by vaping responsibly!
We have all your essential vape pen needs covered. If you’re looking for the highest-rated vapes online, check out our selection!